This guide is the simplest way to mod Red Alert in Command & Conquer Remastered Collection.
1) Download the rules.ini file here.
2) The file is in text document format. Click into the file to access and mod any unit’s parameters like weapon’s damage, cost and so on. After changing any parameters, save the file.
3) Access your folder’s settings and under “view” option, select “Details” and then check the “File name extensions”.
4) Rename the file extension and remove “.txt”.
5) Paste the rules.ini file into CnCRemastered folder that is located in your Steam’s library. Go to “Manage” and then “Browse local files” to access the directory under “CnCRemastered”. The changes will reflect on Red Alert’s “New Game” mode and “Skirmish” mode.