Epic Games Set To Challenge Steam’s Dominance With Epic Games Store

Fortnite developer Epic Games will launch a brand new digital distribution platform called Epic Games Store to compete with Valve’s Steam platform.

epic games store

Tim Sweeney has revealed that Epic Game Store will debut with a collection of games and the store will also feature one free game every two weeks throughout 2019. Epic is funding these free releases so players can experience the wide range of creative works that will be available.

epic game store revenue split

Instead of a 70/30 split in revenue like Steam, Epic Games Store takes only 12 percent. Game developers gets to keep the remaining 88 percent of its revenues, which is kind of a big deal. To make the deal much sweeter for game developers, the store is available to all variety of engines, and Epic will also waive all royalties related to the Unreal Engine if the games are sold through Epic’s storefront.

Additionally, there will be tools for players to communicate with developers privately, such as a ticketing system for bug reports and questions, to mitigate toxicity resulting from reviews being the only native communication mechanism. The Epic Games Store also includes the ‘Support-A-Creator’ program which is specially designed to reward YouTube video makers, Twitch content creators, cosplayers, community builders, influencers, and bloggers for highlighting developers’ games.

Epic is going to reveal more information about their store at the 2018 The Game Awards this coming December 6.

logo

Related posts

OffGamers & GiGiGames夏季特惠月买 一 送 一 多买多送 实惠多多!

OffGamers & GiGiGames夏季特惠月买 一 送 一 多买多送 实惠多多!


OffGamers & GiGiGames夏季特惠月买 一 送 一 多买多送 实惠多多!

活动介绍:本活动是OffGamers与GiGigames联合推出的玩家福利活动,凡在活动期间在OffGamers购买GiGi月度会员或者半年会员的玩家,都可以额外获得会员时长赠送。 活动时间:2021. 05. 12 - 05. 26 活动规则: 在活动期间内,凡购买GiGigames月度会员的用户,即可获得1天会员兑换码,兑换码有效期半年。 在活动期间内,凡购买GiGigames半年会员的用户,即可获得7天会员兑换码,兑换码有效期半年。 福利领取方式:在OffGamers购买限时捆绑礼包即可获得奖励。...

Johren Credits are now available on OffGamers! 立即通過OffGamers購買Johren Credits!

Johren Credits are now available on OffGamers! 立即通過OffGamers購買Johren Credits!


Johren Credits are now available on OffGamers! 立即通過OffGamers購買Johren Credits!

Johren is here to bring you the best original Japanese games. At Johren, you will have a chance to defeat the demon army with the magical girl Magicami, save the world of Otogiland with the heroine in the fairy tale of Versus Tale, and so much more! Believe me! You will be able to find a...

ExitLag: #1 Service For You – Get Rid Of Lag In Your Game

ExitLag: #1 Service For You - Get Rid Of Lag In Your Game


ExitLag: #1 Service For You - Get Rid Of Lag In Your Game

ExitLag: #1 Service For You - Get Rid Of Lag In Your Game ExitLag - Offers You More Stable Server Connection And Better Gameplay. ExitLag is a proprietary technology that optimizes data routing by instantaneously mapping out various routes and sending the packet through the optimal...

Leave a comment