Genshin Impact 2.4 is here! The latest update brings new content for the new year, including a new region: Enkanomiya. We talked about this new release in our post What To Expect in Genshin Impact’s 2.4 Update, but now we can actually play on Enkanomiya.
Enkanomiya has new features, enemies, places to explore and treasures.
Make sure to get some Genesis Crystals before you hit the road. Grab a Google Play Gift Card right here, and you’ll be set.
In this Enkanomiya guide, we’ll show you how to unlock Enkanomiya and share some of the features and enemies, including the Whitenight and Evernight mechanics.
Genshin Impact 2.4 – Enkanomiya Guide
What is Enkanomiya?
Enkanomiya, or “Land of the White Knight,” is located under Inazuma and is believed to be the birthplace of the Watatsumi people. To get there, you’ll need to enter a deep pool near Sangonomiya Shrine.
Enkanomiya is only open to those whose hearts are “clear as water.”
Culture and Lore of Enkanomiya
The history of Enkanomiya is a long and rich one. Before the Archon War, Byakuyakoku Island sank to the bottom of the ocean. Then, the people of the island were terrorized by Bathysmal Vishaps and the Dragonheir of the Depths.
The Ruler of Time heard the cries for help and gave Abrax the wisdom to create the Dainichi Mikoshi, giving light to the region.
Orobashi no Mikoto, the ancient god, also came to Byakuyakoku after being defeated in the war and fleeing the continent. Orobashi took pity on the people of Byakuyakoku, so he defeated and sealed away the Dragonheir.
To help the people escape, Orobashi used the coral growing on his body to create a path back up to the surface of the ocean. He created Watatsumi Island (check out our In-Depth Guide on Genshin Impact’s Watatsumi Island) as their refuge. From this point on, the island at the bottom of the ocean was referred to as Enkanomiya.
Although it lies at the bottom of the ocean, Enkanomiya affects Watatsumi Island. Every few thousand years, it bleaches the soil and endangers the island. If the problem isn’t dealt with, Watatsumi Island will slowly become a desert. The Dragonheir of the Depths is also waiting to escape to the surface and terrorize the people of Watatsumi Island.
Players have been asked to break the five seals and enter Enkanomiya, where they will come face to face with Bathysmal Vishaps, the Abyss Order and hilichurls.
How To Unlock Enkanomiya
Enkanomiya isn’t immediately accessible to all players. Like other new regions, you’ll need to do certain things and meet certain requirements to access this new underground region. To unlock Enkanomiya:
- You must be at least Adventure Rank 30
- You must have completed the world quests “The Moon-Bathed Deep” and “The Still Water’s Flow”
- You must have completed Chapter 2: Act 3 – Omnipresence Over Mortals
To enter Enkanomiya, you’ll need to break the seals on the Goshou Rocks scattered on Watatsumi Island. But, don’t worry – you’ll break these seals during The Moon-Bathed Deep quest, which will give you the Key of the Moon-Bathed Deep.
The Moon-Bathed Deep Quest
Along with being the name of a world quest, Moon-Bathed Deep is the name of the pool underneath Sangonomiya Shrine, which serves as the entrance to Enkanomiya.
The quest chain starts at the Mouun Shrine with NPC Tsuyuko. She’ll ask you to break the seals on the Goshou Rocks, which are located at:
- The island to the West – the “eye” rock
- The northwest coast – the “fang” rock
- The northern coast – the “fin” rock
- The shoal located in the southeast – the “tail” rock
Completing this quest will open up “The Still Water’s Flow” world quest.
The Still Water’s Flow Quest
Once you’ve broken the seals, you can start “The Still Water’s Flow” questline to open up Enkanomiya.
Talk to Tsuyuko at the altar to get started. Next, you’ll need to look for the remaining Key Sigils, and use them to activate the altars. Once you’ve done that, you can finally enter Enkanomiya.
You can pick up these sigils without fighting any enemies. They’re located at the Fin and Heart of Watatsumi.
Along with new treasures, puzzles and monsters, Enkanomiya introduces quite a few new features, including:
Whitenight and Evernight
In Enkanomiya, Whitenight and Evernight allow you to switch between the day and night cycles. Because Enkanomiya is underground, it doesn’t have days or nights. Instead, it has an Evernight or a Whitenight state.
To do this, you’ll need to activate the Enkanomiya Mechanisms found throughout the region. All of these mechanisms are linked to the Dainichi Mikoshi tower. You can also change the Whitenight-Evernight state manually from the tower.
In order to unlock the tower and access the mechanisms, you’ll need to complete the quest “The Entrance to Tokoyo.”
So, what’s the big deal about Whitenight and Evernight anyway?
Some puzzles and enemies are only accessible in either the Whitenight or Evernight state. For example:
- Shield-Lights of Tokoyo: These are glowing barriers that can only be dispelled by changing the state from either Whitenight to Evernight and vice versa. If a shield-light is active during Evernight, it can be dispelled by switching to Whitenight.
- Daisies of the Day and Night: These mechanisms appear inactive in Evernight or Whitenight. To activate them, switch states.
- Triangular Mechanisms: These mechanisms activate when attacked, but they’ll reset after a while. Switching to Evernight will restore them.
- Sunfire Phantasms: Switching between Evernight and Whitenight will make these phantasms appear or disappear.
Enkanomiya Key Sigils
As you make your way through Enkanomiya, you’ll come across Key Sigils – five in total. These sigils will be floating in the air and activate seals that award treasure.
Key Sigils are kind of like Electroculus. Once you get close to one, it will be marked on your map. Each one is unique, with a different symbol on each one. Use these Sigils to unlock places.
You can also use Key Sigils to activate glowing blue seals that you’ll find throughout the region. Placing a sigil in a seal will give you a reward or a world quest.
To change day/night cycles, you’ll need to obtain the Golden Bridle. During the Dusk to Dawn questline, you’ll meet Enjou. After filling out the map of Enkanomiya, Enjou will ask you to locate the Golden Bridle in The Narrows behind the library.
The bridle is hidden in a chest, and you’ll need to solve a simple puzzle to unlock it. Just hit the two Triangular Mechanisms along the south and east walls of the ruins. They should be marked on your map.
Once you have the bridle, you can activate the pedestal in the Dainichi Mikoshi tower to switch between Whitenight and Evernight.
Ghostfish are found throughout Enkanomiya. Use these schools of fish in the air to glide around and stay afloat. Make sure to stay in the blue area of the school to keep gliding, or you’ll lose the effect.
The Ghostfish mechanics hints that there may be hidden chests or puzzles in hard-to-reach areas.
Places of Essence Worship
Places of Essence Worship are tree-like structures that are either blue or yellowish. Blue structures hold the power of Evernight, while the yellowish structures contain the power of Whitenight. When you interact with Places of Essence Worship, you can use mechanisms that can only be used during Evernight and vice versa.
Enkanomiya has its own Phase Gates that you can use to travel far distances quickly and easily.
Zones in Enkanomiya
In Enkanomiya, you’ll find several zones:
- Dainichi Mikoshi: The artificial sun used to switch between Whitenight and Evernight. Before Oroboshi, the people of Enkanomiya used its light to protect themselves from the Dragonheir of the Depths.
- The Narrows: There are two points of interest here – The Emanant Skylight and Inscribed Map. Interacting with the Map unlocks the Enkanomiya map. The Emanant Skylight has Ghostfish pools that can lift you up towards a Wormhole and a Locus subarea. You’ll need to complete the quest “The Three Great Martial Trials” to unlock the Ghostfish pools, which are only available during Evernight.
- Evernight Temple: The Evernight Temple also has an Emanant Skylight as well as Tokoyo Reisen. The Tokoyo Reisen contains the Waters of Lethe, which you’ll need for the world quest Lotus Eater.
- Vishap Research Lab: A hidden subarea that you won’t find on the map. To find it, you’ll need to find the northernmost waypoint at Dainichi Mikoshi. Next, head north, and then glide down to a small island. At the northernmost part of the island, you’ll find a Phase Gate that will take you to the Research Lab.
- The Serpent’s Bowels: The main point of interest here is Dragonbone Flower. During the Lotus Eater quest, you’ll use the Waters of Lethe to water this flower and get the Dragonbone Orb.
- The Serpent’s Heart: Here, you’ll find another Emanant Skylight and the Altar at The Serpent’s Heart. The Altar is an important part of world quests and the zone in general.
- Yachimatahime’s Locus: To unlock this hidden area, you’ll need to start the “Erebos’ Secret” quest.
- Yachimatahiko’s Locus: A zone unlocked by “Erebos’ Secret.”
- Kunado’s Locus: A hidden zone unlocked by “Erebos’ Secret.”
The Locus subzones contain trials that need to be completed.
Shades of Tokoyo
Enkanomiya has NPCs called Sinshades, or Shades of Tokoyo. These are ghostly NPCs that are only available during Evernight. Some will also only appear after you complete certain quests.
Notable NPCs include:
- Surepio: Appears after you complete the world quest “The Phaethons’ Syrtos.”
- Aberaku: A sage who became enlightened during the Year of Blindness and uncovered a way to bring light to Enkanomiya (Whitenight). The Sunchild imprisoned him, but after his death, Aberaku’s memories were preserved in ley lines. He now manifests as a Sinshade. Aberaku is part of the “Hyperion’s Dirge” questline.
- Ema: The shade of a librarian. Her job is to collect overdue books. She’ll be very stressed when you meet her, and she’ll also have a quest for you: “Collection of Dragons and Snakes.” Collect five outstanding books to make Ema happy.
These NPCs appear after you complete the world quest “The Phaethons’ Syrtos”:
New Enemies to Battle
Along with new features and puzzles, Enkanomiya has some new enemies, like:
Ancient predators of the region. These enemies usually travel in packs (herds), and they’ve figured out how to adapt to the elements.
When Bathysmal Vishaps attack, they absorb your elemental energy and use it to deal damage.
There are a few different types of Bathysmal Vishaps in Enkanomiya:
Bathysmal Vishaps can be found in The Narrows, The Serpent’s Bowels, The Serpent’s Heart and the Evernight Temple.
These enemies drop:
- Fragile bone shards
- Fossilized bone shards (level 60+)
- Sturdy bone shards (level 40+)
You’ll also come across the Bathysmal Vishap Herd, which is a Field Boss. This is a powerful group of Bathysmal Vishaps, and the strongest members of each herd can use different elements during combat. These enemies can drain your health and energy.
In order to unlock this Field Boss, you’ll need to complete the quest The Subterranean Trials of Drake and Serpent.
Defeating a Herd can reward you with:
- Shivada Jade Sliver, Chunk, Fragment or Gemstone
- Dragonheir’s False Fin
- Vajrada Amethyst Gemstone, Chunk, Sliver, Fragment or Gemstone
Abyss Lector: Fathomless Flames
Fathomless Flames Abyss Lectors can be found throughout the region guarding chests and other areas. These new Abyssal enemies have a special pyro attack that deals delayed burst damage even when shielded.
New Specter Elements
Enkanomiya introduces some new specter elements. Each has its own type of elemental attack and bursts in a fury explosion when defeated. In addition, specters drop items that certain characters need for ascension.
The new specter elements are:
These enemies drop:
- Spectral heart
- Spectral nucleus
- Spectral husk
Kokomi, Gorou and Aloy need these items for character ascension.
Of course, you’ll also find common enemies in Enkanomiya, including Hilichurls, Electro and Hydro Samachurls, slimes, Mitachurls and more.
Enkanomiya is a fun new place to explore in Genshin Impact and one of many new content zones for this game (check out our Detailed Guide to Genshin Impact’s Tsurumi Island if you haven’t explored this zone yet).
If you’re having trouble unlocking the zone or getting through the quests, check out streamers YouTube or Twitch for helpful tips and playthroughs.
Ready to unlock exclusive gaming tips? Head over to Gamertory.com