Ana Amari, the new support character and mother of Pharah, might be getting all the limelight from the Overwatch community but that doesn’t mean Blizzard is not working on improving the game.
A new update has been rolled during the Public Testing Region by the developers which introduce new changes to D.Va, Zenyatta, and McCree, among other things. Here’s the rundown of the changes you can expect on the new update for character balances:
Self-healing abilities now charge ultimate abilities. As a result, some heroes’ ultimate costs have been adjusted (see below).
– Ultimate cost increased by 10%
– Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second
– A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.
– Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty
– At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds
– Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held
– Defense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)
– An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
– Self-Destruct Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
– Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
– Explosion no damages D.Va (the player who activates it)
In addition to that, McCree will have his range increased a little, making him more viable as a Soldier 76 type role and Zenyatta will be getting overall improvements for her shields, projectile speed movements, and an ultimate boost.
Also of note, those playing the competitive mode will no longer need to worry about hero stacking as Blizzard will be removing that feature to avoid players abusing it. Here’s Blizzard explanation:
“In Quick Play, where things are intended to be more relaxed, this is fine. But in Competitive Play, we feel that hero stacking is becoming detrimental and leading to some not-so-great player experiences. For example, we’ve seen organised teams on Assault and Hybrids maps use hero stacking to overtake the first point before the defence has a chance to counter.”
“We’ve also seen players use specific stacked compositions just to frustrate their opponents or cause indefinite delays in overtime (among other strategies). While this kind of thing is certainly possible in any mode, the higher stakes of Competitive Play means these kinds of tactics were popping up more often than anyone would like.”
The patch will be available on PC first before making its way to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Need a copy of Overwatch for PC? OffGamers has got you covered! Purchase your copy of Overwatch Origins PC Edition at OffGamers and receive your codes instantaneously!
Source: Play Overwatch (Forum)
Official Website for more info,
Overwatch Origin Edition (PC)
Related Product Link(s):
Playstation Network Gift Card (PS4) (US)
Playstation Network Gift Card (PS4)(UK)
Playstation Network Gift Card (PS4) (JP)
Playstation Network Gift Card (PS4) (Other Regions)
Steam Wallet Codes (US)
Steam Wallet Codes (EU)
Steam Wallet Codes (UK)
Steam Wallet Codes (MY)
Steam Wallet Codes (TH)
Steam Wallet Codes (ID)
Steam Wallet Codes (PH)
Steam Wallet Codes (SG)
Steam Wallet Codes (Asia/Middle East)
Xbox Live Gift Card (Xbox One)(JP)
Xbox Live Gift Card (Xbox One)(UK)
Xbox Live Gift Card (Xbox One)(EU)
Xbox Live Gift Card (Xbox One)(US)
Xbox Live Gift Card (Xbox One)(Other regions)